Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Brief History of the Universe by J.P. McEvoy

The Book: A Brief History of the Universe by J.P. McEvoy
Page Count: 420 pages

Summary: A brief, yet detailed, overview of mankind's knowledge of the universe spanning 4000 years. McEvoy discusses great discoveries (and some blunders) of the greatest minds in science from Aristotle to Einstein, Newton to Smoot.

Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I'm just going to admit that I am one of those people that can't get enough science. I have an entire bookcase full of just science books. What I enjoyed most about this book was it's in-depth nature without dragging on or being too detailed. Many of the major concepts in this book are things I already knew, but I still managed to learn a lot about how the discoveries were made and who made them.

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment